STDcheck was founded in 2010. The company is one of the leading online healthcare providers and make it possible to get a comprehensive STD check for an affordable price.
Please select an item from the autocomplete list
STDcheck Company Info
|Coupon Code||1 coupons, 1 deals|
|Phone Number||(800) 456-2323|
|Doing Business As||STDcheck.com|
5821 Southwest Fwy Ste 600
Houston, TX 77057
There are a lot of reasons why patients use STDcheck.com and why this is one of the leading companies when it comes to STDs testing:
- Comprehensive STD test panel; on the web site, patients can order so-called "10-Test Panel" which includes testing for most common STDs: Hepatitis A/B/C, both types of herpes, chlamydia and gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody testing of the 4th generation.
- Convenient testing sites; STDcheck uses Quest Diagnostics laboratory network and offers to visit over 4,500 locations nationwide. This helps not only to get there quickly but also choose a location that works on Saturdays if a patient cannot visit a lab during a business week.
- Competitive tests price; the company states that their prices are the lowest in the industry and definitely lower than prices for the same test or test panels at hospital or clinic.
- Testing process; some people are embarrassed to check themselves for STDs because of a lot of paperwork, some medical records and possible circumstances related to it. With simple process through STDcheck patients can avoid annoying questions and may feel more confident since everything is secure and private.
- Fast results; a patient can get lab test results in only 1-2 days. Since STDcheck if direct access testing service, there is no delay or waiting period caused by third-party doctors. It saves not only money but also a lot of time. To review results, a customer has to log in into STDcheck account and don’t have to go anywhere else.
- Payment options; STDcheck provided its customers with a variety of payment options: in addition to commonly used credit cards, there are options to use gift cards, Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts. Also, STDcheck can accept eChecks. However, patients with medical insurance cannot use their plans, since the company doesn’t accept it to keep everything secure and private.
Certification, compliance, and security
In order to provide their customers with the best services and stay on tune, STDcheck got everything to keep up with federal and state regulations and provide their customers with accurate results in the most secured way:
- HIPAA compliance; STDcheck is using the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act standards (HIPAA) to protect its customers private, personally identifiable and medical information from unauthorized access, abuse, and fraud. The only patient can decide who can access his or her medical records and information.
- CLIA certification; STDcheck also met Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments that requires a lab to be certified by the state before it can accept human samples for lab testing. With CLIA certification STDcheck can ensure its patients in the accuracy of test results.
- FDA approval; all tests presented on STDcheck.com are approved by the FDA, meaning that the company is following all state government and federal guidelines; the company underlines, that FDA approved RNA (Ribonucleic) Early Detection test can be found only at STDcheck site and not offered by any other lab store. This is a faster method of detection available at the moment.
- Privacy; unless required by law, STDcheck will not disclose patient's information and testing results will not be a part of medical record. It helps during lifetime events when records are checked or when a patient is getting a new medical insurance plan.
- System security; the company states that they are using 128-bit secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. This encryption is used along with HL-7 interface that is common in the healthcare industry and information stays protected throughout the whole process.
Unlike other lab stores where direct lab testing cannot be performed in the states of New Jersey, Rhode Island, and New York, STDcheck customers from these states can order tests from the site but will have to pay additional fees for a referral to a physician and other fees directly to the laboratory.